Rules and Policies
- State law requires proof of rabies vaccination for dogs over six months. A copy will remain on file, please update when new vaccinations are administered.
- No dogs suffering from a contagious disease or illness will be allowed on the premises.
- Female dogs in heat are not allowed in the facility unless the instructor has granted permission. You may attend class without your dog.
- You are responsible for prompt clean up after your dog both inside the facility and on the grounds outside. Failure to clean up after your dog may result in your dismissal from activities.
- You are expected to have control of your dog at all times. If you are unable to do so or if your dog is viewed to be a possible hazard, you may be required to leave the premises and excused from class without refund.
- You are responsible for all and any damages and liabilities caused by your dog to any person or property.
- Dogs must remain on leash and close to you at all times unless otherwise directed by the instructor. Dogs must never be left unattended. Dog to dog greetings are not encouraged unless expressly set up by the respective owners.
- Severe discipline, physical punishment and abuse in any form will not be tolerated and may be just cause for expulsion without a refund.
- The use of shock collars in the facility or on the grounds is strictly prohibited.
- The training of "protection" or "bite" work is strictly prohibited in the facility or on the grounds.
- Children are very special to us. Please keep them safe by supervising them at all times. Children are not allowed on any piece of equipment.
- Payment in full is due one week prior to the start of class but no later than the start of the first class. A $25.00 fee will be charged for any returned checks.
- There are no refunds for absenteeism or scheduling conflicts (vacations, other commitments, etc.) during a session. True emergency situations will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
- Students are admitted to classes at the discretion of the instructor.
- Paws 'N Effect is a non-smoking facility. Smoking is not allowed anywhere in the facility and within 25 feet of any and all entrances to the facility. If you must smoke we suggest you sit in your vehicle. Cigarette debris must be disposed of safely and appropriately, not thrown on the ground.