Want a dog that comes when you call? Then this in-depth program is for you. The program starts with the fundamentals and takes you through the step-by-step process of building a solid recall and proofing it with increasing difficulty. The course also covers attention-getting exercises and work to enhance your relationship. Great for dogs without a reliable recall and dogs that could use a refresher.
This workshop will cover the principles and methods of:
- getting a distracted dog's attention at a distance
- motivating your dog to leave a distraction and move toward you
- getting a nice, safe finish to a recall with your dog within reach
- employing a wide variety of rewards and using them effectively
- avoiding common problems and pitfalls
Our instructors will also give you clear feedback on what they see as your team's individual strengths and issues so you can take what you've learned and continue to improve over time.
March 26, April 2, 16, 2018
6 pm - 7 pm
$85 / 3 week session
Prerequisites: Puppy Kindergarten or Basic Class